Are you worried that you may need braces? If so, you are not alone. Many people are unsure if they need braces or not. Even if your teeth appear straight, you may benefit from braces if you are experiencing any of the issues outlined below. Keep reading to learn the 5 most common signs that indicate you may need braces!
- Crowded Teeth – Having crowded or overlapping teeth can indicate that you could really benefit from braces. Not only can crowded teeth distract from your appearance, they can also make it difficult to brush and floss properly, leading to an increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- An Overbite or Underbite – If your upper and lower jaws don’t align correctly (called a malocclusion), it can cause an overbite or underbite. This can cause your teeth to wear down prematurely and make it difficult to speak or chew properly.
- Jaw Pain – If you experience jaw pain, popping or clicking when opening and closing your mouth, it could be a sign that braces could help. Even if your teeth appear straight, braces can help correct the alignment of your teeth and jaw so that there isn’t any undue strain on your jaw joints.
- You Have Difficulty Chewing – If you have difficulty chewing or biting food, it could be a sign that your teeth are misaligned. When the alignment of your teeth is off, it can make it difficult to properly chew and digest food.
- Difficulty Speaking – If you have difficulty speaking clearly, it could be a sign that your teeth are misaligned and causing an impediment in your speech. Braces can help properly align your teeth so that speech impediments don’t occur. This is particularly important for our younger patients.
It is best to visit an orthodontist if you suspect that you or your child may need braces. If you notice any of these signs, call Dr. O’Gara and Dr. Gilbert in Reno, Nevada to make an appointment. Our expert orthodontists will examine your teeth, provide an accurate diagnosis and recommend the best treatment for your individual needs. Many orthodontic issues are much easier to correct in children, so don’t wait to bring your kids in!
Phone | (775) 825-1881
Email | email@example.com
|Monday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:00am – 3:30pm|
|Wednesday||7:30am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||7:00am – 3:30pm|
|Fri, Sat, Sun||Closed|
505 Hammill Ln
Reno, NV 89511