Dr. William P. O’Gara (DDS) was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. He is a long-time native Nevadan esteemed for his outstanding orthodontic treatment results and clinical expertise. Dr. O’Gara graduated from Bishop Manogue Catholic High School and went on to pursue his Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Nevada. After graduating Summa Cum Laude, Dr. O’Gara was accepted into the top nationally-ranked Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, at the University of Pacific, San Francisco. While in dental school, Dr. O’Gara was awarded the Gold Foil Award for Clinical Excellence and graduated top of his class. After graduating from Dental School, Dr. O’Gara practiced as a general dentist for two years before he made the decision to further his passion for teeth by attending the University of Louisville orthodontic residency program. Dr. O’Gara had the honor of returning as a distinguished alumni lecturer.
Shortly after residency, Dr. O’Gara founded O’Gara Orthodontics in 1990 and has since been an active participant in the Dental and Orthodontic community.
Dr. O’Gara is committed to pursuing excellence and has accomplished the following:
- Delegate for the Young Dentists of America
- Hands on Herbst appliance training
- Appointed Delegate for Nevada Dental Association
- Appointed by Governor Sandoval to the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners
- President of Northern Nevada Dental Association
- Recipient of the RGJ Best Orthodontist in Reno 2021
- McLaughlin straight wire training
- Dentaurum temporary anchorage device training
- Graduate of Fort Knox Advanced Orthodontic Education Program
- Member of National Dental Honor Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Nevada Dental Association
- Member of the Northern Nevada Dental Association
In February of 2021, Dr. O’Gara was proud to welcome Dr. K.C. Gilbert as a partner – forming O’Gara-Gilbert Orthodontics. Dr. O’Gara is honored to partner with Dr. Gilbert because each share a similar vision for orthodontic excellence, focusing on delivering the highest orthodontic experience and treatment. Achieving beautiful and healthy smiles is the foundation of our practice philosophy!
Dr. O’Gara is passionate about his career and feels privileged to serve his community. He is enthusiastic about the interactions and relationships between his patients and parents. He and his wife Valerie have 2 children, and they are proud to call Reno their home. When Dr. O’Gara is not crafting smiles, you can find him, golfing, cooking, boating, traveling, and enjoying life with his family and friends!