Dr. William P. O’Gara
Dr. William P. O’Gara (DDS) was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. He is a long-time native Nevadan esteemed for his outstanding orthodontic treatment results and clinical expertise. Dr. O’Gara graduated from Bishop Manogue Catholic High School and went on to pursue his Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Nevada. After graduating Summa Cum Laude, Dr. O’Gara was accepted into the top nationally-ranked Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, at the University of Pacific, San Francisco. While in dental school, Dr. O’Gara was awarded the Gold Foil Award for Clinical Excellence and graduated top of his class. After graduating from Dental School, Dr. O’Gara practiced as a general dentist for two years before he made the decision to further his passion for teeth by attending the University of Louisville orthodontic residency program. Dr. O’Gara had the honor of returning as a distinguished alumni lecturer.
Shortly after residency, Dr. O’Gara founded O’Gara Orthodontics in 1990 and has since been an active participant in the Dental and Orthodontic community.
Dr. O’Gara is committed to pursuing excellence and has accomplished the following:
- Delegate for the Young Dentists of America
- Hands on Herbst appliance training
- Appointed Delegate for Nevada Dental Association
- Appointed by Governor Sandoval to the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners
- President of Northern Nevada Dental Association
- Recipient of the RGJ Best Orthodontist in Reno 2021
- McLaughlin straight wire training
- Dentaurum temporary anchorage device training
- Graduate of Fort Knox Advanced Orthodontic Education Program
- Member of National Dental Honor Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Nevada Dental Association
- Member of the Northern Nevada Dental Association
In February of 2021, Dr. O’Gara was proud to welcome Dr. K.C. Gilbert as a partner – forming O’Gara-Gilbert Orthodontics. Dr. O’Gara is honored to partner with Dr. Gilbert because each share a similar vision for orthodontic excellence, focusing on delivering the highest orthodontic experience and treatment. Achieving beautiful and healthy smiles is the foundation of our practice philosophy!
Dr. O’Gara is passionate about his career and feels privileged to serve his community. He is enthusiastic about the interactions and relationships between his patients and parents. He and his wife Valerie have 2 children, and they are proud to call Reno their home. When Dr. O’Gara is not crafting smiles, you can find him, golfing, cooking, boating, traveling, and enjoying life with his family and friends!
Dr. K.C. Gilbert
K.C. Gilbert, DMD, MS is a Nevada native born and raised here in Reno. He graduated from Bishop Manogue High School and went on to receive his degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from the University of Nevada, Reno.
After finishing his undergraduate degree and discovering a passion for dentistry, Dr. Gilbert was accepted into dental school at Oregon Health and Science University. While in dental school Dr. Gilbert served as the OHSU Student Body President, OHSU School of Dentistry Vice President, and the president of his dental school class. He also worked hard to finish in the top 5% of his class and earned numerous accolades including…
- Induction into the National Dental Honor Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Recipient of the faculty nominated Pierre Fauchard Foundation Dental Student Scholarship Award
- Recipient of the MODA/Oregon Dental Society Scholarship
- Recipient of the OHSU Dental School Leadership award which is awarded to one dental graduate every year who has shown and shows great future potential in leadership
- Recipient of the OHSU Dental School Biology Award which is awarded to one dental graduate every year who has made a significant contribution in the science of oral biology
- Recipient of the OCTRI Sumer Fellowship Award for Research
- Primary author of a published textbook chapter; In: Epidemiology – Theory, Research and Practice
- Co-primary author of research presented at the Oregon Dental Conference as well as the prestigious annual International Association of Dental Research general session
After dental school, Dr. Gilbert went on to train at the competitive University of Florida Orthodontic residency program where he earned a Certificate in Orthodontics and a Master of Science in Dental Sciences with specialization in orthodontics. During his third and final year of residency, Dr. Gilbert was nominated and served as Chief Resident of the program.
Once Dr. Gilbert completed his training he and his wife were thrilled to move back to his hometown and serve the community that he grew up loving. He is incredibly passionate for his career and believes it’s a great privilege to provide children, teens, and adults with beautiful smiles that they can be proud of. The opportunity to join Dr. Bill O’Gara and his team was a dream come true for Dr. Gilbert and he is committed to provide the same excellent care and attention to detail that Dr. O’Gara has given the Reno community throughout his career. He is now actively involved in organized dentistry in Nevada, holding positions in both the Nevada Dental Association as well as the Northern Nevada Dental Association. In his free time, Dr. Gilbert and his wife, Erika, love taking advantage of all the great outdoor activities that Northern Nevada has to offer. They are avid sports fans and greatly enjoy watching almost any sporting event they can together with family and friends.