What to Expect
Upon your arrival at O’Gara-Gilbert Orthodontics, our friendly receptionists will greet you and notify the doctors that you have arrived. During your appointment, Dr. William O’Gara or Dr. Gilbert will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment.
Initial exam will answer:
- What orthodontic problems are present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is recommended?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is recommended at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are diagnostic records?
- Study models of your teeth
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings
- Doctor’s studying diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment
What is the cost of treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. Your treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam. We offer various payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans.
We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consist of x-rays, study models, and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment. Treatment via braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse, or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept the assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept the assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment, and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments are greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.